Bike & Trike Fest
Love Loughborough are bringing a Bike & Trike Fest to the town centre on Sunday 22nd May between 10am and 4pm.
Market Place will be filled with a range of bikes and trikes, including one with a German side car and a British military out rider.
Team D & D Restorations, a racing team setup by Dean Want and Donnie McLeod, will be showcasing a demo race display including:
- TZ350A (1974) originally ridden by Dean Want in the British Marlborough Club Members Championships.
- TZ350G (1981) ridden by Donnie McLeod in the British Championship between 82-84. The bikes first race was in the 1982 British GP at Silverstone. In 18 months the bike had 18 wins, 3 podiums and 1 championship and the Bill Ivy Trophy. This was one of the most successful bikes of its era.
- TZ250L (1984) this bike was used by Donnie McLeod during the 1984 season in British Championships and GP's, winning the British 250 championship for that year.
- Honda RS250 (1993) the very first one imported into Europe. The bike was raced by Ian Mcconachie and Alan Jackson.
- Honda RS125 (1992) raced by Alan Jackson. The bike is in original condition as last raced in 1994.
- Norton ES2 (1961) history not known.
The shops, cafes and bars will be open and there will be live music from local rock and punk band Exhibit A. There will also be free parking all day at Granby Street car park, courtesy of Love Loughborough and Charnwood Borough Council.
Lez Cope-Newman, Love Loughborough BID Vice Chair said: “After the huge success of the car show, we have decided to now try bikes and trikes. We have had a lot of interest so far and hope this event will attract families and visitors to the town centre to help boost local trade.”