Pasta with Prawns and Feta Cheese
This dish combines the richness of fresh prawns with the tartness of feta cheese. Goat’s cheese could also be used, if preferred.
Ingredients (Serves 4):
If fresh prawns are not available, use well-thawed frozen and add to the sauce at the last minute together with the spring onions.
450g raw prawns in the shell
6 spring onions
225g feta cheese
small bunch of fresh chives
450g penne, garganelle or rigatoni
salt and ground black pepper
1. Remove the heads from the prawns by twisting and pulling off. Peel the prawns and discard the shells.
2. On a chopping board, chop the spring onions and the feta cheese using a sharp knife.
3. Melt the butter in a frying pan and stir in the prawns. When they turn pink, add the spring onions and cook gently over a low heat for about 1 minute.
4. Stir the feta cheese into the prawn mixture and season with black pepper.
5. Snip the chives into 2.5cm lengths and stir half into the prawn mixture.
6. Cook the pasta in plenty of boiling salted water according to the instructions on the packet. Drain well, pile into a warmed serving dish and top with the sauce. Scatter with the remaining chives and serve.