A Mouthwatering treat for any time of day.
250 g plain flour
125g unsalted butter
A little cold water
3 Tbsp seedless raspberry jam
3 medium eggs
150g caster sugar
150 soft spread, suitable for baking
150g Self Raising Flour
1 Tsp baking powder
2 Tsp almond essesnce
50g Whitworths flaked almonds
1. Preheat the oven to Gas 4, 180 C. Grease a swiss roll tin 33x22.5cm.
2. To make the pastry, sieve the flour into a bowl, rub in the butter until it resembles breadcrumbs and add enough cold water to form a dough (approx. 7-8 Tsp).
3. Roll out the pastry on a floured surface and use to line the swiss roll tin. Spread the jam evenly over the pastry base.
4. Put the eggs, sugar, spread, flour, baking powder and essence into a bowl and mix well for a minute with an electric hand whisk until light and fluffy.
5. Spread evenly over the jam and scatter with flaked almonds.
6. Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes until well risen and golden, the surface should spring back when pressed. Cool and slice into rectangles.
For more recipes, visit: www.whitworths.co.uk