Cherry Nut Crumble, A Quick and Easy Pudding From Whitworths
2 X 425g cans pitted black cherries in light syrup
1 1/2 Tbsp Cornflour
200g Plain Flour
100g unsalted butter, at room temperature
50g Light Brown Sugar
50g Whitworths Chopped Almonds
1. Preheat the oven to Gas 5, 190 C.
2. Drain the fruit and keep 250ml of the juice. Put the fruit into an ovenproof dish (litre). Mix the cornflour with a little of the juice and then stir in the rest. Place into a small pan and heat, stirring all the time until thickened. Pour enough sauce over the fruit to come half way up the fruit.
3. Put the flour into a bowl and rub in the butter until it resembles breadcrumbs. Stir in the sugar and half of the nuts.
4. Sprinkle over the fruit and then top with the remaining nuts.
5. Bake in the oven for 2-25 minutes until golden brown.
6. Serve with any remaining sauce or custard.
For more recipes, visit: www.whitworths.co.uk