Thai Chicken Curry
This really easy Thai curry uses store cupboard ingredients to produce a great dish suitable for entertaining or for a family meal. As it can be left in the oven to cook, it gives you time to prepare side dishes or a dessert when hosting guests.
1-2 tbsp oil
12 boneless chicken thighs
400ml can coconut milk
1 tsp cornflour
1 large red pepper, sliced
1-2 tbsp Thai red curry paste (or according to taste)
Handful chopped coriander
1 Lime quartered
1. Preheat the oven to Gas 4, 1800C, Heat the oil in a pan, fry the chicken to brown on all sides. Place into a 2.5 litre Pyrex casserole.
2. Add the curry paste to the pan, fry for a minute then add the coconut milk which has been mixed with the cornflour. Heat, stirring well and then pour over the chicken.
3. Place into the oven with the lid on for 1 hour.
4. Then, 20 minutes before the end of cooking add the red pepper to the dish.
5. Serve with chopped coriander and lime and cooked rice.
For further information about Pyrex and additional recipes visit: www.pyrexuk.com